Monday, January 21, 2008

Great Weekend

Wow!!! What a weekend. Our weekend started on Wednesday night. Nonni and Pa Pa came to keep the kiddos, and we went to the Tech vs. A&M Basketball game. As you guessed, the game wasn't great due to the fact we were smeared by Tech. We spent the night at the Quality Inn Suites that night and enjoyed sleeping in until 9 Thursday morning. Thursday morning we went truck shopping for Ronnie. His truck, a '99 extended cab Z71, had 147k miles and was knocking. We didn't find what we wanted in Lubbock, but found one on the Internet Thursday night in Odessa. Saturday morning Ronnie went to buy a '05 Supercrew Lariat in Odessa, and we love it. It has 30,000 miles, more room, and is super clean on the inside. The entire family went cruising Saturday night...we are so blessed. Sunday we had a wonderful lesson in Sunday school about making God our first true love. We talked about loving Him unashamedly and extravagantly like the women who kissed and poured perfume on his feet. That afternoon, I hosted a shower for my friend, Holly, who is due the 6th of February. We had 40+ people here, and it was wonderful. All my friends stayed to help clean-up, so Ronnie, the boys, and I were able to just lounge on Sunday night. Today Ronnie was home for MLK day. He took Drew out to our friend, Dustin's shop, and during nap time I got to go drive the new truck all by myself. I had NO KIDS...NO HUSBAND; it was SO nice and peaceful. I went to look at Holly's nursery and shopped at Bealls. When I got home we took the boys to the new park in town....they had a blast.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online