Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Kade



Kade turned one January 2nd, 2008. The celebration included a huge snickerdoodle, two balloons, a few new toys, and Drew singing Happy Birthday. Kade was delivered on Janauary 2, 2007 at 5:02 p.m. He weighed in at a hefty 8 pounds 2 ounces despite the fact that he was 24 days early. As Ronnie and I waited for him to come out of the NICU for three days, I remember the pain and worry that filled my heart. Ronnie was so strong in his faith. It is one of the many reasons I love him so much. He prayed with me, and reminded me that God had Kade in His hands. We had hundreds of people praying for us, and today Kade is a healthy 24 pounds and 31 inches long. Glory to God!!! He loves to dance, eat, play cars with his brother, blow kisses, take baths, and has taken his first step. You can always find something in his hands because he is always carrying something around. He is so sweet!!! I am so thankful for two healthy boys!!!
"Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." Isaiah 43:7
I am reading the book by Beth Moore called Breaking Free. She asks for the reader to try to define God's glory. Can you define it? Ronnie and I tried but our attempts proved inadequate. Beth goes onto describe God's glory as indefinable. The Hebrew word for glory used in the Old Testament is "kavodh" which means "weight, honor, esteem". The word "kavodh" is also linked to another Hebrew word, "kavedh" which means "be renowned...to show oneself great or mighty." So God's glory is the way He makes himself known or shows Himself mighty. Beth says, "God's glory is how He shows who He is."
In the New Testament the Hebrew translation for glory is different, John 1:14 and John 2:11. The Hebrew word is doxa, "the true apprehension of God or things. The glory of God is ascribing Him His full recognition..."
"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word..." Hebrews 1:3
Jesus is the glory of God the Father. God wants to make himself known to us by His glory and he wants to make himself known to others through us.
"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31
This was a total revelation to me. I then looked at another verse that God had put on my heart and it gave me chills...
"God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, WHICH IS CHRIST IN YOU, the HOPE OF GLORY."
When Christ is living in us we have the "hope" that God will be recognizable in us. We alone cannot bring glory to God because "we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 But when we are born-again we have the hope of bringing God glory in our day to day activities. The more Christ fills our hearts the more we radiate God's glory. How awesome is that?
Beth poses 4 questions for us to ask ourselves in evaluating how much our lives are reflecting God's glory.
1. Is my most important consideration in every undertaking whether or not God will be glorified? (1 Cor. 10:31)
2. Do I desire God's glory or my own? (John 8:50,54)
3. In my service to others, is my sincere hope that they will see God in me? (1 Peter 4:10-11)
4. When I am going through hardships, do I turn to God and try to cooperate with Him so He can use them for my good and for His glory? (1 Peter 4:12-13)
5. Am I sometimes able to accomplish things or withstand things only through the power of God? ( 2 Cor. 4:7)
When I think about Kade's first year of life I can see God's glory. I see how mighty He is. Looking to Isaiah 43:7, it is clear that Kade is God's creation. His babbling, his first step, his giggle, his smile, and his health are all a reflection of who God is. God is recognizable in all that Kade is/does. All I have to do is open my eyes and see THE GLORY!!! As I look to 2008, my prayer is that God will be more recognizable in my own life by growth in my faith, and that other's will see God's glory in all I do. Remember, "....faith comes from hearing the Message, and the Message is heard through the Word of Christ." Romans 10:17
Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online