I saw this on Lynnette’s blog a few weeks ago…
1. I was born in Austin, Texas in 1980.
2. I am the oldest…my younger brother, Chad, works in Houston, Texas.
3. My dad is handicap; he only has one arm and one leg.
4. He was electrocuted a year before I was born.
5. He spent six months in a burn unit.
6. He is one of the most accomplished men I know.
7. He never complains about his disability - I am so proud of him. My mom is always right by his side...his help-mate. I have never heard her complain either. I am so proud of her.
8. I never spent ONE day in my childhood guessing how much my parents loved me…not even one!
9. We lived in Pflugerville (close to Austin) until I was in 5th grade.
10. My favorite teacher was my Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Burch. She swatted me the first day for getting a drink when I was supposed to be in line =) I still think about her.
11. I started showing hogs when I was in 3rd grade.
12. I also started dieting when I was in 3rd grade.
13. I still diet...I don’t like that about myself. Vanity is one of my many weaknesses.
14. We moved to Paige when I was in 6th grade...I started going to Immanuel Lutheran School. I went there for 18 months.
15. I liked Coach Wachsmann. He called me Delta Dawn and always made me feel special! He died of cancer this year, and I wish I could have gone to the funeral.
16. I don’t remember much about Middle School except I didn’t like it!
17. I never was a good athlete, but I tried hard.
18. I have extremely flat feet! I don't jump high. I don't run fast. It a fact! =)
19. I showed heifers in JBBA (Jr. Beefmasters Breeder’s Assoc.).
20. I loved my show friends...I have recently gotten back in touch with several of them through Facebook.
21. We traveled all over the southern states showing as a family! Those are some of my best memories.
22. I drank enough in high school to float a boat…a really big boat. Thinking about missed opportunities and wasted memories makes me sad and sick to my stomach.
23. I got two tickets in one day when I was 17.
24. I graduated in the top ten.
25. My mom taught me how to organize my time. I think that is why I am good at multi-tasking and getting things done!
26. I won enough scholarships to pay my way through college.
27. Most of the scholarships I won in Public Speaking Contests. I love to talk (especially with a captive audience =) Ha!
28. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Texas A&M in 3 ½ years.
29. None of that seems very important any more.
30. I almost died in a car wreck in 1998. I am glad I didn’t- I would have gone to hell. (Harsh words but that is the reality!)
31. I dated a lot of boys in college...none of them filled the hole I had in my heart.
32. In 2001, I was accepted into A&M’s Marketing Dept. to get my master’s degree and was planning on a big-time career (and salary)!
33. Two months before I graduated, Dr. Hall, my favorite Economics prof., asked us to compare our personal dreams (mine being a Mama & living in a small town) with what our professional dream would require (working 60 hours a week with an hour commute). Mine didn’t line up, so I dropped out of graduate school and decided to become a teacher.
34. I was the girl who had my entire life planned out by the time I was in 7th grade…I graduated from A&M without a job or a plan. God has a sense of humor doesn’t He? =)
35. I met Ronnie Jenkins at the Texas Tech vs. A&M keg party in 2000. He called me every night for a week. He drove back down from Graham to see me the next weekend.
36. I knew after our first date I’d marry that cutie pie. He had a way about him…I think “the a-ha moment” was when he told me I “had” to sit next to him in his 1977 Black Ford.
37.I wish he still had that truck.
38. He asked me to marry him Easter of 2001- he hid eggs with clues and scripture all around College Station. I said, “Yes!”
39. I think my parents weren’t ready to give their little girl away.
40. We were engaged until May of 2002, and it was the beginning of the worst 2 years of my life.
41. My greatest fear is disappointing people (especially God).
42. That is probably why I had a bad engagement…I was trying to please everyone but the ONE who mattered most.
43. My wedding day was not any better.
44. I cried on the way to my honey moon.
45. I wish Ronnie and I could renew our vows…I guess I need a “do-over” =) I think now I would actually mean my vows. I think now I know marriage is more than making vows to a man, but making a covenant with God. I pray I will get a "do-over" !!
46. I started teaching first grade in Prairie View, Texas the next year...I LOVE TEACHING!
47. God put Tim & Tara Suel, Miriam, Cynthia, and Nicole in my life in 2002 because he knew the road I was fixing to walk was going to be extremely hard. They extended God’s grace to me every day. They accepted me just the way I was…sin and all!
48. I was ready for a divorce by our first Christmas.
49. That was the WORST Christmas of my life. I do not have even one "pleasant" memory from that holiday except...
50. December 26th God led me to the book The Power of a Praying Wife.
51. I realized Ronnie WAS NOT the problem.
52. I finished reading the Purpose Driven Life. Rick Warren says, “You never know God is all you need until God is all you have.” At that moment I had no family (they were still upset about the marriage/dropping out of grad. school thing), no friends (they’d all graduated and left College Station), a hard job (over a two-hour commute every day), and an AWFUL marriage…God was all I had.
53. I gave my life to Christ that January…I had never known grace, joy, acceptance, and peace that I received the very moment…the very second I surrendered my life to Christ. I haven't been the same since. Praise the Lord!!!
54. God told me to get the “D” (Divorce) word out of my vocabulary. It wasn’t an option.
55. It hasn’t been an option since.
56. Our marriage isn’t perfect, but with God's guiding hand it is getting better every day!!! I am blessed with a hubby who is willing to get in the trenches and WORK at our marriage.
57. I read the Purpose Driven Life two more times, and God started restoring all the relationships in my life. I learned what it meant to truly forgive. I learned forgiveness is a choice, not a feeling.
58. Ronnie graduated with his Masters Degree and we moved to Seminole, Texas. He started working for the Farm Service Agency...now he is "the" Loan Manager. I am so proud of him.
59. I cried the first time we drove into Seminole. There were tarantulas crossing the road and pump jacks in the middle of town. It was the ugliest town I'd ever seen.
60. Seminole was full of “firsts” for us!
61. We bought and remodeled our first house. I joined my first church home in Seminole.
62. We had our first baby in Seminole. He weighed 10 pounds 3 oz. I quit teaching Pre-K to stay home with Andrew Ryan.
63. I got post-partum depression. We caught it early. It was still scary! Depression is real.
64. Did I mention I have had two C-Sections?
65. I am dependable.
66. I wish I was more hospitable.
67. I had Sunday School teachers (the Hills) who showed me the Scarlet Thread. It was the first time I ever “saw” the Bible as God’s Living Word. I have never looked at the Bible as "just a book" since. The Word is alive and active!
68. Ronnie is an AMAZING Daddy...seriously!!! He plays with them. Most of all, I think he realizes how important his job as "Daddy" is.
69. We moved to Levelland in March of 2003. I cried when we left Seminole. I think I will cry harder when we leave Levelland.
70. I started Beth Moore’s Bible Study, Daniel, at FBC Levelland. It was my first "Bible Study" =) It was the beginning of my unquenchable thirst to know God.
71. I was asked to go on a Walk to Emmaus in November 2007. I fell head over heels in love with God. It was in 2007 that I started to see how God's hand had always been on my life...in every move, in every event, in every friend. I am so thankful!
72. I spent 16 days in the hospital with Pre-Clamsia before I had my second son Kade. He was 5 weeks early. He spent 3 days in the NICU…it was heart wrenching.
73. I have given my testimony over seven times, and I pray God calls me to do it more often. I feel called to minister to other women about loving their husbands the way Christ has loved us. I love to minister to young ladies about being enough in the Lord – about letting God’s love fill them to the brim (Eph 3:17-20)!!!
74. I pray for my brother's future wife daily. I can't wait to finally meet her.
75. The more I read God’s Word, the more I realize I am just beginning this journey.
76. I can’t wait to build our dream house in the country.
77. We want to raise cattle. We want to move near Childress.
78. I can't wait for the boys to start 4-H!!!
79. I will go back to teaching in a few years. I know it is where God wants me.
80. I love being a Mama, but it is the hardest job I have ever had. Being a stay-at-home mom is even harder…sometimes I think about getting in the car and driving until I can't drive any more.
81. I love to make lists and check off my accomplished tasks. I know I am weird...but accomplishing goals makes me giddy. (I need help don't I? Ha!)
82. If I don’t get all my to-do’s checked – I am disappointed.
83. Sometimes I wish I’d lighten-up. Seriously =)
84. I gained 60 pounds when I was pregnant with Drew. =)
85. I am a dreamer.
86. My prayer for my sons is that they’ll grow-up to love God more than anything else and be on fire for Him.
87. My biggest fear is I won’t do my part in helping them get to that place before God's throne.
88. I am an encourager. I think it is one of my spiritual gifts.
89. I pray my daughter-in-laws will love me.
90. I love Aggie football.
91. I am a hugger…I get that from my dad! I always see the glass half-full…I get that from my mom!
92. I love my sister-in-law!
93. I love my boys so much sometimes I think I am going to explode. I want to stop time…they are growing-up too fast.
94. I am extremely passionate…I tend to go over-the-top when I set my mind to something...really over-the-top. Just ask Ronnie, Ha! He has a full-time job keeping my grounded.
95. I have a sixth-sense about people…I think the Spirit of God has given me discernment to see when people are hurting, confused, overwhelmed, etc.
96. I wish I was more spontaneous!!!
97. I don’t sweat the small things…I have learned the last 29 years to pick my battles.
98. I am a morning person who loves sunsets. I love warm colors (especially red) and I still miss my childhood dog, Biscuit.
99. I am not fun to be around when I am tired...I become extremely grouchy (well, let's just be honest, I get really mean) and I start craving cinnamon rolls!=)
100. I have sinned much and been forgiven much. I have been loved much, so I love much. I am a grace girl! I want to love God more…I want to do a better job of being God’s hands and feet. I think my biggest problem with that right now is being selfish with my time. Because of what God has done for me, I can actually say that I wake-up joyful every morning. I wake-up with a deep down, ain’t nothing shakin’ me, overflowing joy in my heart because I know God loves me. God is on my side. If He is for me who can be against me? He is my joy-giver, my Prince of Peace, my Savior, my Friend, my Redeemer.
My Prayer, Dear Father:
3 years ago