Sunday, May 31, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
"...Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Now it is my honor to pass it on to 5 other great bloggers.
Natalie - Natalie walks the Word...she is walking the Word when the road is not so easy. She inspires me.
Jennifer - Jennifer is an encourager, she has a way of hugging me through her blog. I just love her to pieces.
Jamie- Jamie's encourages me...it is like each day she confirms God's Word in my heart.
Jackie -Jackie's blog makes me smile!!!
Holly - What can I say about Holly...she is a blessing to me. She is my dearest friend; she has a golden heart.
#6 My second bloggin' award from Ms. Shanda.
Here are the award rules:
1. List 7 things that make you Awe-Summm and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers you love (IF YOU WANT TO) =)
2. Make sure to tag the recipients and let them know they have won!
3. Also link back to the Queen that tagged you (I guess that is me???).
What makes me Awe-Summmm???
1. I am in love with Jesus. He is not part of my life; He IS my life.
2. I am passionate. (too a fault sometimes)
3. I am a mother of 2 boys who are "all boy" if you know what I mean ;)
4. I am teachable - I am addicted to learning everything about God!
5. I love sharing my testimony with other ladies.
6. It is easy for me to see others strengths, so delegating comes easily when in a leadership role.
7. I am a MUCH more loving wife in year 7 than I was in any other year (Thank you Jesus!)
Seven blogs I nominate:
1. Jerri - This Salty Sister takes me from laughing to crying on her blog. When she truly realizes the amazing talents and gifts God has given her we will all have to watch out. She amazes me!
2. Charla - My sweet, sweet sister-in-law is a blessing from my Father. I am thankful for her every day. Her faith inspires me. Love you Lala!
3. Belinda - My sweet friend is so in love with Jesus she blows my mind. She is unashamed and BOLD! Her sweet spirit and loving smile makes me feel loved each time I pull up her blog.
4. B - I love that she can make me laugh out loud when I read her blog. She radiates joy and peace!!! She is a 2 Corin 4:7 woman!
5. Chelsea - Her blog is inspirational as she searches out God's face during this time in her life. She is living Romans 8:28
6. Amber - She just started her blog, but I am blessed by it every time I stop by.
7. My friend Jen at All 4 Boys - I love the way she allows us into her life, her family, and her walk with the Lord. She is a phenomenal writer.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Then when we finished fishin', Ronnie went across the lake to get Rich and Charla (his brother and Sister-in-law). The boys and I played in the sand and watched this sunset.
We cooked burgers, S'mores, and built a fire. The rest of the night we LAUGHED AND LAUGHED AND LAUGHED. I mean it was that ugly, losin' control, about to fall outta your chair laughing!!! I had the best time!!! Seriously I am smiling just thinking about it!!!
Rich, Drew, Charla, Kade, and Ronnie with our huge "Cast Away" fire!!! Who would have ever known gathering and burning dead wood could be so much fun!!!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Jamie joined us on the 19th, so now we have 16 ladies (including myself) that are participating in our 12 week challenge! Yea!!!
10. Kassie firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Christy email@example.com
14. Becky firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, May 22, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Titus 2 says "...Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. We don't want anyone looking down on God's Message because of their behavior."
I confess, six months after Ronnie and I were married, I was ready to get divorced. I was lonely and hurt, and the "D-word" was all I thought about. I wasn't saved, so it was easy for me to think, "This is too much work...I need to just cut my losses." In December of 2002, God in all of His prevenient grace literally led me by the hand in the middle of Wal-Mart to Stormie's book.
The first thing she says is that every wife needs to pray the following three-words,
"CHANGE ME, LORD."
Oh yea, you can imagine how hard that was to swallow. I was like, "What?"
Psalm 66:18 says, "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear."
Stormie goes on to say, "The point is not who needs to change. The point is who is willing to change."
Then the next thing that really struck a cord with me was her saying my attitude needs to be, "Whatever you want, Lord. Show me and I'll do it." It means being willing to die to yourself and your wants
(After all, we didn't "DESERVE" the sacrifice Jesus made for us on the cross - Ephesians 5:1-2)
The following prayer from Stormie's book was the first prayer I prayed for my husband:
Show me where the sin is in my heart, especially in regard to my husband...Make me a tool of reconciliation, peace, and healing in this marriage...Make me my husband's helpmate, companion, champion, friend, and support. Help me to create a peaceful, restful, safe place for him to come home to. Teach me how to take care of myself and stay attractive to him. Grow me into a creative and confident woman who is rich in mind, soul, and spirit. Make me the kind of woman he can be proud to say is his wife.
I lay all my expectations at Your cross. I release my husband from the burden of fulfilling me in areas I should be looking to you. Help me to accept him the way he is and not try to change him. I leave any changing that needs to be done in your hands...Only You, Lord are perfect...
Teach me how to pray for my husband and make my prayers a true language of love. Where love died, create new love between us. Show me what unconditional love truly is...May the God of patience and comfort grant us to be like-minded toward one another.
I pray that our commitment to You and one another will grow stronger and more passionate every day...Breathe your life into this marriage. Make me a new person, Lord. Give me a fresh perspective, a positive outlook, and a renewed relationship with the man You've given me. Help me to see him with new eyes...new love, new compassion, and new acceptance. Give my husband a new wife, and let it be me."
I prayed that prayer and the other prayers in this book for over a month, and I was saved a few weeks later. God did change my heart!!! Thanks Stormie.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Pre-heat oven to 350 and lightly coat a baking dish (mine is 7 x11) Dice the chicken in one inch squares and cook until no longer pink. Remove and set-aside (or take the easy way out and just buy the chicken in a can=)Ha! . Saute onion, jalepeno, bell-pepper, chesnuts, and cilantro in olive oil until vegtables are tender. Add two cans of green chili and chicken. (I add a little chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, and pepper to taste) Let simmer for 5 minutes. Place 6 corn tortillas in a baking dish, cover with 1/2 of chicken mixture, and spread half of the cheese over the chicken recipe. Repeat. Cover with foil and let bake for 30 minutes. You can garnish with salsa, diced tomatoes, black olives, and/or fat-free sour cream.
For our first weigh, leave me a comment that includes:
Weight Loss for the week-
One goal for next week -
Prayer request -
My example -
Lost 1 pound
My goal for the week is to not drink any cokes.
I would like you all to pray for our revival this week (Monday - Wednesday).
I encourage you to visit the ladies' blogs if you have time and encourage them. You are all invited to share recipes, ideas, encouragement on your blog. I can't wait to see how many good recipes and ideas you will have!!!
My challenge for all of us this week: Pray!!! We need to ask God to give us the strength we need to be successful . Jeremiah 33:3 says He wants to show us great and marvelous things...we just have to ask!!! I am praying that I won't have an appetite for anything, but God. I love what Psalm 62 says, "...my victory and my honor come from HIM alone..."
If you have any questions click here for more information or email me at email@example.com
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Last week we kept Cash for Holly. He loved ridin' with Drew!
Thought for the day from the book I am reading, Crazy Love:
Chan says, "When I am consumed by my problems-stressed out about my life, my family, my job-I actually convey the belief that I think circumstances are more important than God's command to always rejoice. (Phil 4:4, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!")
Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives. Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control."
CAUTION: Do not read this book unless you want to be challenged to live like Christ!!! I have to put it down after a couple of pages because my toes are sore from being 'stomped' on!!! Ha!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
7. Cymbala says "We are always either drawing nearer to God or falling away. There is no holding pattern."
Saturday, May 9, 2009
God's Word says in 3 John 1:2, "Dear Friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are AS HEALTHY in body as you are strong in spirit."
God is concerned with our body AND our spirit. As Christians we should neither neglect or indulge ourselves, but care for of physical needs and discipline our bodies so we can do God's work.
Now, let's get real - My body doesn't function the way God intended it to because I don't treat my body as God's temple...
***Do you know how many times I don't go the extra mile and miss opportunities to be the hands and feet of Christ because I am tired and don't have any energy?
***Do you know sometimes I wake up on Sundays bummed because my "church" pants don't fit right?
***Do you know how many times I am not "bold for Christ" (Phil 1:20) because I don't feel good about myself?
John 10:10 God says, "The thief does not come EXCEPT to steal (my joy), and to kill (my enthusiasm), and to destroy (my purpose). I (God) have come that they may have life, and that they may have it MORE ABUNDANTLY."
I AM READY TO RECEIVE LIFE MORE ABUNDANTLY!
You are invited to join me in the 12-Week Weight Loss Challenge!!!
(May 11th - August 3rd)
This isn't about getting skinny, this isn't about getting into a size 2 pair of pants, this is about getting healthy!!! This is about offering our bodies as living sacrifices to God (Romans 12:1)!!!
1. You have to sign in this week with your name and town. (Deadline - May 17th)
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A BLOGGER TO JOIN IN!!! (If you aren't a blogger - just click on the little envelope at the bottome of the post, type your message, and select "anonymous" to enter).
I don't want to know your weight - I am not asking you for anything I don't want to share myself =) Ha!
2. Every Monday, for the next 12 weeks you have to update us with your progress. (for example: Under May 18th's Monday Post: Dawn Jenkins - 1 pound loss or Dawn Jenkins +.5 pounds)
3. At the end of 12 weeks the woman with the highest PERCENTAGE of weight loss wins. For example: Mary Lou (Lost 10 pounds in 12 weeks) divided by (her beginning weight of 180 pounds) = 6 % *** At the end of 12 weeks I will have everyone email me their results (to protect your privacy) and will announce the winner August 4th!!!
4. If you are a blogger (OPTIONAL), you can join me in posting your progress with a ticker(http://www.tickerfactory.com/), weight loss ideas, recipes, etc. on your blog!!!
Grand Prize (drum roll please...)
A $50 gift card to any department store of your choice.
Each person that participates all 12 weeks will receive a personalized brag book.
My Promise to You:
1. I will commit to pray daily for each one who signs-up.
2. I will post weight-loss tips, ideas, and/or recipes each Monday.
3. I will also post a verse each week to keep the focus on God in our quest to get healthy! HE, ALONE, is our source of strength.
2 Corinthians 4:7 "We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear THAT OUR GREAT POWER IS FROM GOD, NOT FROM OURSELVES."
(If you have trouble leaving a comment, email me firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ready, Set, Join Me!!!
Friday, May 8, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Today I want to tell you about my sweet, sweet mama-in-Christ, Judy Jones (a.k.a. Mama JuJu)!!!
Judy Jones loves the Lord, her husband, her "four" kids, and her six grandchildren. She lives in Lamesa, Texas, and loves to pic' and grin for Jesus, work with the Kairos Ministry, and work in the Emmaus Community!
There are SO MANY things she has taught me the last three years, but today I'll share one (otherwise this post could be two pages long) Ha! About a year ago I accepted an invitation to be on a prayer team for a Walk to Emmaus. After a month of sending up many, many prayers for others, I found myself falling into a DEEP depression. (I realized later I was praying for all these people, but not praying the blood of Jesus over myself - that reminder also came from my sweet Mama JuJu =) I do not have a history of depression (except for six months of post-partum I had with Drew), but I knew I was in trouble. Big trouble! I was burdened. Oppressed. Exhausted. I felt like I was treading water and about to go under. Way under. The Friday night before our second team meeting, I was ironing and just started sobbing. I couldn't stop...I called out to God, and He brought Mama JuJu to mind. I called her, and told her I lost my hope. She didn't tell me to call my doctor for meds, and she didn't listen to all my woes and tell me she'd put me on her prayer list. No! At that very moment before I could finish my sentence, she pulled out this book:
Saturday, May 2, 2009
1. Moving to the country and building a new house.
4. The Aggies having a winning football season!!!
7. Getting back into my pre-baby jeans!
8. June 2nd - our Young Ladies class is starting a new Bible study.
1. Watched 24 (Season 5 on tape) with Ronnie.
2. Cleaned the house.
3. Ate cereal for dinner.
7. Talked to Chelsea and Kelly (our neighbor's daughters).
8 Things I Wish I Could Do
1. Play an instrument or sing.
2. Cut Texas in half, so I could decrease the distance between Levelland and Paige .
3. Have more original ideas.
4. Run 3 miles.
6. Learn to be less "intense"
7. Make 30 hours in a day instead of 24.
8. Help our church become Spirit-filled.
3. American Idol
4. Criminal Minds
5. Friday Night Lights
7. Glenn Beck
8. Cold Case
8 Bloggers That I Tagged