Here is the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I don't know...I prefer to receive and give wrapped gifts but I usually give more gifts in sacks due to lack of material and my poor ability to wrap.
2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial. I have always wanted a real tree, but have never had one. My brother, Chad, was allergic growing up.
3. When do you put up the tree? usually after Thanksgiving, but this year we put it up before Thanksgiving because of our busy schedule after Turkey Day (Polar Express the 5th, Christmas Dinner Theatre the 13th , and Christmas with my family at our house - the 20th)
4. When do you take the tree down? after New Year's
5. Do you like eggnog? Not at all...and I don't like Fruit Cake
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably the year I got a "real" baby doll...she looked and felt so real!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, brother, and Ronnie
8. Easiest person to buy for? Drew and Kade
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes...I bought two of them this year. One is for the boys. It has a book that goes with it and discusses each of the figurines...I also bought my first
(drum roll please......)Willow Tree Nativity set. I love it, love it, love it. It will probably take 3 years to get all the pieces for it, but I have to start somewhere.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? usually mail (over 100 a year) but this year I am going to email my cards with a link to my blog. I will probably do a mail out next year and just flip/flop every other year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November this year
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? haha - yes. Hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? If we are at Ronnie's parent - Pumpkin bread. At my parents - it's dressing
17. Favorite Christmas song? All of them! I started listening to Christmas music at the beginning of November
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We are stayint at our home for the first time this year then after Santa comes we will go to Ronnie's mom
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen AND Do you recall the most famous Reindeer of all... Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We don't have either yet...we are looking for something that is just right.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? both...from family Christmas eve and Santa Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who aren't in the holiday spirit
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? anything that symbolizes a memory from the past (for example the year we remodeled our house in Seminole, Ronnie was given a Bob the Builder OR the ornament that is filled with bonfire ashes from the last bonfire that burned at A&M)
24. Who do you want to respong? Well I guess I tag Charla, Haylee, Amanda, Stephanie, Carly, Shannon, Holly, Nicole, Erin, Steph. T., and Laura D
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would like some nice shirts, tall boots for church, and/or money
26. What color lights do you prefer? We have twinklin' white lights on the tree and white and red outside
27. Favorite Christmas memory? The year Ronnie and I met I was suppose to fly to Lubbock but a terrible ice storm hit and the flight was cancelled. Ronnie surprised me at my apartment in college station. I had never built a snow man, so Ronnie brought me a snow man in his ice chest.
28. Worst Christmas memory? Two years ago I spent Christmas in the hospital because of the preclamsia I had when I was expecting Kade. It was awful not spending Christmas with the Drew and Ronnie.
29. Favorite Christmas candy? Ronnie's is peanut patties and mine is probably chocolate covered peanuts.
30. Favorite family tradition - In my mom's family we play a lot of Rummie, 42, etc. I am hoping this Christmas to start some traditions with the boys.
Leave me a comment and share your favorite Christmas tradition.