Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday's Quote to Ponder


I am reading Jim Cymbala's book "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire". He's the pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle; he writes about how the Holy Spirit grew the church from 20 to 6000! Here's how it did it:

"If we call upon the Lord, He has promised in His Word to answer, to bring the unsaved to himself, to pour out his Spirit among us. If we don't call upon the Lord, he has promised nothing- nothing at all. It's as simple as that. No matter what I preach or what we claim to believe in our heads, the future will depend upon our times of prayer."


So they focused on their Tuesday night prayer session as the main focal point of their ministry.


When he announced this too his church another visiting preacher made the following comment that really struck a cord with me:

"You can tell how popular a church is by who comes on Sunday morning. You can tell how popular a pastor or evangelist is by who comes on Sunday night. But you can tell how popular JESUS IS BY WHO COME TO THE PRAYER MEETING." WOW!

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Oh, I love that last quote...how true! Why is it we are nowhere near as faithful to Him as He is to us??? I have the book Fresh Power by the same author, I think I'm going to pick it up and read it now. Thanks for sharing!!! Too bad we don't go to church together, we could start up our own Tues. night prayer group!!! Are you in choir? I am...just wondering. Blessings to you today!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online