Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

Christmas is fast approaching. Don't you just love this time of the year? The music, the trees, the lights, Santa Claus, etc. I don't know about you guys, but I am having to take every thought captive, 2 Corinthians 10:5, and keep my mind on what Christmas really stands for - the birth of our SAVIOR...God's ONLY son. It is so easy to forget the ultimate gift that was given to us. A preacher I admire from Welch helped me think of Christ's sacrafice in another way-I would like to think that if push came to shove I would lay down my own life for many of you. But, if you asked me to give just one of these sweet boys for you...I wouldn't even think twice about saying, "NO WAY!!!"
We need to really work at focusing on the true meaning of Christmas. My 27th birthday was a very sad day for me. I was having a little pity party for myself and told my husband not to give me anything. It was just another day...I wasn't anyone's little girl anymore. My time to be the focus was over. Of course Ronnie, being the super husband he is, ignored that comment and celebrated the day to the fullest. I think about Jesus during this time of the year. He sees us spending countless hours picking out and wrapping gifts, attending parties, and addressing Christmas cards. I have to wonder how that makes him feel. I wonder if he feels like we think it is just another day...like I did this past May. Except instead of having a pity party for himself...he feels sorry for ME. The only reason he even had a "birth"day was to reconcile the relationship we severed with the Father. He just wants to spend time with his children...he aches for me to crawl up in His lap and tell him about my day. Glory to God for this sweet, sweet gift.
It is easy to overlook the birth of our Savior in the Babylonian society we live in. Our society is so fast paced and focused on get there, do that, check it off your list. It is okay to enjoy Christmas and all the traditions surrounding Christmas, but when we are influenced and ruled by the busyness of getting to all the parties and decorating our homes we are playing in the enemy's playground. Satan wants to keep us busy, so we can't focus on celebrating the ultimate "birth"day and sharing it with others.
I encourage you this Christmas season to do what you were created to do. Worship Him, remember Him, tell others about what He has done for you, and spend time loving others the way Christ has loved us. Give the sweetest gift this Christmas to someone you love...the gift of your time!!! It might mean we have to prioritize a little, and cut out some of the fluff, but isn't He worth it?
I will also encourage you to share your relationship with Jesus with at least one person. Be bold in sharing your faith...quit worrying about being politically correct or hurting someone's feelings. Love others enough to tell them the truth because the truth will set them free, John 8:32. A friend told me yesterday he was scared to tell others about Jesus because he didn't know all the answers; he hadn't read the entire Bible. Guess what? You don't have to know all the answers...just memorize a few scriptures and God will use those few verses to work in mighty ways. One of my mentors says, "You can't do publicly what you don't do in private." If you are in the Word in private, you will be able to share it publicly. Get in the Word...it's God's love letter to you. God is able...we just have to be willing.
Beloved brothers and sisters, join me in prayer, "Glorious Father, thank you for Jesus. Thank you that you sent your only Son to die for me...just for me. Help me to keep focused on the true reason for the season. Help me to say no to things that take my focus off of you. Give me the strength to be bold in telling others about you. Thank you for your Word father. It says in Romans 10:17, "Faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Word of God." Your Word is alive God. It is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Help us to hide your Words in our heart that we might not sin against you. We love you Father. In sweet, sweet name of Jesus, Amen!"

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online