Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Knowledge

The book of Daniel fascinates me, but as I look at Daniel 10 I remembered one of my greatest fears in my walk with Christ. I fear I am not smart enough or competent enough to understand and share the Word of God with others. My thoughts, or that of the enemy whispering in my ear, drift to the fact that I am a young Christian. I will never have enough time to catch up and be useful to God.

Daniel 10:12, "Do not be afraid Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard and I have come in response to them."

Proverbs 2:3-5 "If you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God."

It is never to late for God to use us. The Word is God's love letter to us and His instruction manuel to gaining wisdom and understanding. Proverbs 2:10 says, "For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul." The NLT says wisdom will bring "joy" to your life.

So many lost souls in our country our unsatisfied and searching for joy. The masses are seeking it out in ever facet of our Babylonian society. They so desperately want to fill that "God spot". I know personally...it wasn't five years ago I was searching too. Look at Oprah's new class on "New Age Christ". I pray for Oprah's eyes to be opened so she can see the real Jesus Christ. I also pray for her followers...my heart aches for them. Hosea 4:6 says "my people were destroyed from lack of knowledge." Brothers and sisters in Christ, I implore you take up your sword against Satan and arm yourself with God's Word. Do not be deceived!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online