Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend in the Hospital


Kade was admitted Friday afternoon to the hospital with RSV. His oxygen levels were low and his wheezing was getting worse. Saturday morning at 3:30 a.m. they came in to insert an IV because he was dehydrated. The nurse told us to be prepared because sometimes it takes 4-5 times to stick a baby, especially a chubby one. Ronnie and I both began praying. I prayed in the name of Jesus that it would only take one time. As they were prepping Kade I had to turn away. I couldn't watch them stick my baby with a needle. My thoughts turned to Jesus before they hung him on the cross. To think God gave His only Son, his sweet baby, to be beaten just for me. I was overcome with feelings of thankfulness. I started singing, "He is worthy to be praised" in my head. I heard the nurse say, "I can't believe it." I turned around expecting to see somthing bad, but by the grace of God I saw his IV in and going. The nurse said, "I can count on one hand how many babies I have stuck the first time in my twenty plus years of nursing." Ronnie said, "I am not surprised. I was praying." It just amazed me at how powerful, steadfast, and prompt our God is. Kade was released Sunday morning, and we are home in isolation now. My friends in Levelland have been so good to us...helping us out during this time. Thanks to all of them! They are our family...we are so blessed! Thanks go out to Ronnie's parents as well. They came Friday afternoon to keep Drew. Please be in prayer for my father-in-law. He is having trouble adjusting to his new blood pressure medicine.

2 comments:

Fun Family Fitness said...

Bless your heart. There is nothing worse than your babies being sick and feeling helpless. I am glad that it all worked out. You and your family are in my prayers....steph

Fun Family Fitness said...

Hey there. I am about 16-17 weeks...at our first sono they thought they saw a BOY but I am not holding him to it quite yet....I really miss our play group...but I would really like the bible study too...that would be cool...I hope everyone is feeling better in your house....Hope to see you soon...steph

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online