Thursday, December 13, 2007

Captive?

Hello Friends...it's been awhile. Between Kade and I catching the stomach bug, and Drew having a 102 degree fever I haven't had much time to type. But God is good and has shown me something new today!!! Do you ever pray for God to show you His will in your life, but no answer seems to come? Do you ever ask God, "Here are my options in this situation. Will you choose A, B, or C for me?" Do you ever feel like an "unanswered prayer" is keeping you from experiencing the wholeness and joy of God?
Well I have answered yes to all of the above at one time or another. I have been "in prayer and petition" for God to show me what step He wants me to take next in my ministry. I have been so worried about figuring out and exploring every option ( A, B, or C) that I have taken my eyes off my doing my Father's will today. The result of this wrong "focus" is that the enemy has had the opportunity to make me a captive and keep me from experiencing the abundance God has for my life. I am reading Beth Moore's book, Breaking Free. I LOVE it!!! She says, "A Christian is held captive by anything that hinders the abundant and effective Spirit-filled life God planned for her." The dictionary defines a captive as "a person held under control; made prisoner in time of war". Captivity isn't where I desire to be or where God desires for His children to be in Christ Jesus. In fact Isaiah 9:4 says, "For you (Jesus) will break the yoke of their slavery and lift the heavy burden from their shoulders. You will break the oppressor's rod, just as you did when you destroyed the army of Midian."
I have been so occupied in what tomorrow will bring that I have risked ruining what God is doing in my life today. I want to tell you what He has planned for us today is good...Amen?!! I want to be like Gideon. Gideon was focused on obtaining food for his family while they were being oppressed by the Midianites, Judges 6-8. He was obedient to the task at hand, so God rewarded his faithfulness and gave him more responsibility. We have to focus on what God is working in our lives today and let Him worrying about tomorrow. Matthew 6:33-34, "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else...So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries..." This is where we find freedom from the captivity!
I have faith. I know, that I know, that I know God will show me what He has planned for my life. Phil 1:6, "I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." God has good plans for all of us..."plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..." Jeremiah 29:11. What would happen if we had a willing heart? What if we were quiet and still long enough to truly listened to God like Joseph? When Joseph learned of Mary's "predicament" he thought he had two options. Option A- quietly break the engagement. Option B- have Mary stoned. Joseph was a man of integrity and God showed him another option. The God option...marry her. God's ways are higher than our ways and He alone sees all the options, like a pilot flying in a helicopter above a parade. We are stuck on the ground level with a view of only the float in front of us. To stay out of captivity we have to allow Him to navigate our course. We have to quit giving Jesus our options and asking Him to pick one. I need to remember God's words in Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God." Praise God!!! His name is the "I AM", and my name is "I am not." Again, this is where we find freedom because "it break(s) the yoke of (my) slavery" and "lifts the heavy burden" from my shoulders. Guess what...you don't have to worry about figuring it all out. The enemy wants you to think you have to be in control, but God is able!!! We just have to pray for the God option in every situation and be obedient in the things He asks us to do today. Glory to God!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online