Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nana Duck, First Fish, and Peace Through Prayer

For the last few mornings the boys and I have been walking at the duck pond. We walk about 30 minutes and then they feed the ducks. Drew fearlessly chases the ducks and Kade holds on to my leg, observes, and giggles. Before I left this morning I aired up the tires on the stroller, loaded the boys up, and we headed to the "big water". I wasn't out of the car for two minutes and the tire went flat. I have to admit I was bummed, but the weather was gorgeous because of the rain last night - Thank You, Jesus- and the boys played on the playground. Then we fed the ducks...one ate out of Drew's hand and then Drew was chased by a biting goose! While the boys were walking up and down the bank, a young boy was fishing near by and called Drew's name just as he was reeling in a perch. Drew was so excited. We watched him catch over 10 fish in a hours time with corn. It was great, but what was even better was he let Drew catch a fish, too! He showed him how to bait, cast, and reel the fish in. I wish I could have taken a picture of Drew's face! He was so proud!
The other funny thing was when Drew said, "Hey Mama, there is Nana Duck."

"Nana Duck," I asked?

Drew said, "Yea, she has hair like Nana!"

I just rolled because this duck had a huge, puffy, hair-do on top of her head, and she really did look like my mom a little!

As we were watching the boy fish, Drew, Kade, and I sat in the shade and just enjoyed the fresh air. I just sat there and thanked God because this week has been a little overwhelming at times, but HE was washing me in his peace with the fresh cool air, sound of children laughing, and water hitting the shore.

Phil 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

wow, that spoke volumes to me. Thanks for that...I love that scripture! I, too have had a tough week, so I can sympathize. I love how when we just stop and reflect for a few minutes, how He does calm our anxious hearts.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online