Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Kade

(Warning: I posted A LOT of pictures...he is just so stinkin' cute)

On January 2nd, 2007, Kade Devoy was brought into the world at 5:00 p.m. one month premature. Kade spent 3 extremely long days in NICU before I had the chance to hold him, but when I held him in my arms for the first time I just wept in thanks to God. It was like the one piece of the puzzle that had been missing to my heart was put in place and an explosion of joy was set off in my soul and senses. I held his sweet 8 pound 2 oz. body up to my face and just breathed in his very presence. My gift from God!

Kade at 3 months!
Kade - One year

Kade 18 months

Kade 20 months
Kade - Two years old

Dear Kade,

Happy Birthday Kader Tater. I love you so much I could just burst into a million pieces. There are so many things I love about you...here we go:
1. I love the fact that from the first second you open your eyes in the morning you are 100% my little Happy Jack.
2. I love the way you get mad at Drew and yell at the top of your lungs with a red face...too cute!
3. I love the way you say, "Me..Me!", "Mommy, Mama!", "Baby, where are you?," and "Woo-Hoo!"
4. I love to watch you laugh because you laugh all over.
5. I love to watch you smack your lips when you are excited about eating.
6. I love your desire to always have a hat on your head and shoes on your feet.
7. I love the way you follow me around all day whether I am doing a chore or getting dressed.
8. I love the way you suck you thumb with all your little chubby fingers curled up in a fist.
9. I love that you constantly carry something around in your hands and load everything in your dump truck...my little organizer!
10. I love it that you are always giving kisses and hugs to everyone...especially me.
11. But most of all, I love that you are such a tender-hearted sweet baby boy. You are always kissing boo-boo's, making sure everyone has their drinks and shoes, feeding baby Cash, and loving on Mama in a way that only God could have taught you how to love.
I know that God has a mighty call on your life Kade. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For, I know the plans I have for you, Kade," declares the Lord. " Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you, Kade, hope and a future." I pray Kade that above all else you will love God more than anything else in the world, and that you will take every opportunity from now to the day you leave this earth to be God's hand and feet and use the gifts He has given you.

Hugs and Kisses Baby Boy,
Mama

3 comments:

jerriann said...

Oh girl, that is so sweet. So happy to see a new post from you,

I love your words.

We should scrapbook together and you should put some of those kinds of words inside cards?
Do you already?

Love ya sweet sister

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I'm getting all choked up. ;) I love that Kader boy, too! Give him some sweet sugar from his Lala!

P.S. Thanks SO much for the "gifts"; we went out to R&Z's to visit tonight and I got it from her. I can't wait to listen to all of the CD's and I can't wait to be able to use the other! Love you, sis!

The Mellberg Family said...

Where does the time go, seriously?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online