Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Memory Verse for Jan. 1 - Jan. 15

***UPDATE - I had a question asking about calling God "Daddy" in my post - my reply was "That's is such a great question. Up until 5 years ago I couldn't really even picture God as my Father. I pictured Him as this angry judge sitting high on a throne looking down at all the bad things I did, but then I realized that isn't how God sees me at all. John 1:12 says, "But to all who believed Him and accepted Him (Jesus), He gave the right to become children of God." Father (the Greek word in John 14:36 used is Abba translates out to Father) is a great term for God, and one I use often, but when I am talking to God I think of Him as my Daddy (an endearing title for Father) because He loves me so much (even when I was a sinner- Romans 5:8). Thanks for the question!

I decided to join Beth Moore's challenge (see my side-bar) to make the year of 2009 a Jesus year. She is challenging women to memorize a verse of their choice twice a month. I chose the Lamentations 3:22-24

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." "

I chose this verse because when I am having a bad day (which I do) and/or my sons, husband, friends are distraught, my goal is to do more than regurgitate these Word's, but to know, I mean really know, what the Word says about My God. I want God's Word to be alive and active inside of me, living, breathing, changing me from the inside out. So I'd like to put this verse into my own words (using some of the Hebrew meanings):

Because of the One True God's never-ending, healing, pure love, I, Dawn Marie, am not exhausted, spent, or destroyed. The Great I AM's compassion, care, and grace for me is never used up because they are new and fresh every morning. Great is My Daddy's abundant Faithfulness; When I am troubled, sad, and not receiving what I think I need in life, I will say to myself, "Only God will fill me up for He is my eternal portion. I will wait with expectancy on Him for He is my hope and true source of Joy.

It is not to late to join the Memory Team. If you decide to join in with me and my Salty Sister leave me a comment and we can "spur each other on towards love and good deeds."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your DADDY? I haven't ever heard him called that. Maybe Father, God ,but Daddy is a new one for me. I had to laugh- sorry.
I hope Kade had a great birthday, I sent card late, I hope he can forgive me. Happy New Year to you all.

Montie "T"

allie nelson said...

love this.

you look great btw!!

hope kade had a good bday.

Mama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I'm praying, praying, praying.

dayna said...

I love the verse that you picked to memorize and particularly that you are meditating on it in order to give it out, speak it, share it with your husband & boys! They are blessed to have your heart to give out Truth & Life to them in the form of the LiVinG & AcTivE WoRd! I need to pick out a few verses to chew on so I can focus on that instead of my winter blues...

Thanks for encouraging me, sister in the LOrD!
dayna

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online