Sunday, March 29, 2009

Plenty of Pictures from Paige

We went to Nana and Pop's house this past week. The drive down there was AMAZING. Not one single cry, fight, scream, aggravated grunt, the entire 8 1/2 hours. The boys were perfectly content eating Funyons and watching movies. I listened to two of Karen Kingsbury's books from the Redemption Series. I HIGHLY recommend them! I actually felt refreshed when I got there...like I had spent the entire day reading. Never underestimate the power of prayer!Mom and Dad have about 95 acres in Paige, Texas, where they raise Beefmasters. Paige is on Hwy 290 between Austin and Brenham. They built this house in 2002 and added a "game room"(behind the car port) a few years later! They have been in a three year drought, but finally got some rain a few weeks past.

The boys where fishing in mom and dad's water trough. They keep goldfish in there to fight back the algae.

I love the following pictures...my new camera has a special setting!
He said he was, "Concentrating!"
Drew talking to my mom: "Nana I need me a hook."
Mom: "A hook?"
Drew: "Yea, I need me a hook, and I need a worm to put on my hook so I can catch some fish."
Sofie (the black dog) was a big hit this visit. She is only 2 years old, but she has finally learned how to play without going "over board" with the boys. They played catch, wrestled, raced, etc. Kade would grab her back from behind and just drag her to the ground. Sofie got plenty of hugs and plenty of attention while the boys were visiting.


Drew and Kade helped Nana and Pops feed every night. They put out hay two days in a row. The first thirty minutes we were there they had already taken a gator ride, rode the big tractor, put out two bales of hay, fed the cows, and raced Sofie in the gator. We had a great visit - I will post more pictures from the week in Paige later this week.

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Great pics! I'm so glad you had a good time with your parents. So, what kind of camera did you finally get? I'll call you later about this weekend.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online