Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ask A Way Wednesday - Question #1

Shannon wanted to this recipe:
(caution...you can't eat just one slice =)

Mama's Pound Cake

Paula Deen


1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup Crisco shortening
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 325. Cream butter and shortening. Add sugar, a little at a time while blending. Add eggs, one at at time, beating after each. Sift dry ingredients together and add to mixture alternately with milk, starting with flour and ending with flour (very important). Add vanilla. Pour into a greased and flour tube pan and bake for 90 minutes.

Serve with homemade whipping cream and strawberries.
***It is STILL NOT TO LATE to get in your QUESTION for "ASK A WAY WEDNESDAYS" Wednesday are the days where YOU GET TO DECIDE WHAT WE TALK ABOUT on this blog. (SEE LAST WEDNESDAY'S POST). Leave me a COMMENT, and I will do my best to answer!

2 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Yum! That recipe just made me hungry! I mentioned you on my blog...I copied your idea of my friends asking me questions or telling me something about them. I hope you don't mind!

Happy Wednesday!

Jennifer said...

Dawn,

I stopped by quickly to say I'm still at it...this healthy living/somewhat of a diet thing! (I was out of town - in Texas where no meals are small!) and missed Monday so wanted to stop by and you greet me this decadent dessert!?!? Just cruel, I say! :)

I really tried my best at sticking with my game plan and I truly did not come home feeling guilty. I suppose that's a good thing.

I'm gonna check out these questions for Wednesdays....cool idea. Will check back more later. Have a great week!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online