Thursday, August 27, 2009

I have been reading Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I just love her...sometimes I will be listening to her preach, stand-up, and yell, "Amen, Sister Joyce! Amen, Amen, Amen!"

Yes, it is that good, and I am that weird! Ha!

I heard Joyce give some interesting facts last week:

#1) 2 million people left the bondage and slavery of Egypt for the Promise Land. Back then, they only counted the men (600,000), but if you add in women and children the scholars estimate 2 million plus...

However,

Only 2 entered the Promise Land. (Hmm...)

Matthew 7:14 "But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and ONLY A FEW EVER FIND IT!"

#2 ) It was only an 11 day journey to the Promise Land...

However,

It took them 40 years to reach the Promise Land...

Scholars say the story of the Israelites leaving Egypt is a type to our salvation. They were slaves to the Egyptians, we were slaves to sin and death. The Israelites were delivered just as we were, but where did they wake-up the next day?

In the wilderness.

I think this is so profound. Many Christians, me included, get saved and expect to wake-up the next morning in the Promise Land. Anybody with me?
But God's Word says, we have to "work-out" our salvation (Phil 2:12). Our spirit is saved the day we except Christ, but our soul (mind, heart, emotions, feelings) need to be transformed by the renewing of our minds, so that we can enter into our Promise Land.

What is our Promise Land?

I believe our Promise Land on earth is the place where we realize, experience, and walk in ALL OF GOD'S PROMISES: love, joy, peace, righteousness, etc. Our Promise Land is the place where all of our head knowledge becomes heart knowledge...TRUE REVELATION. It is the place where no matter what storm the king of the world throws at us, we are not shaken because we fully understand WHO WE ARE IN CHRIST. We have FULLY RECEIVED OUR INHERITANCE AND KNOW THE AUTHORITY THAT IS OURS IN JESUS NAME!!! We don't have to wait for heaven...we inherit the Kingdom of God the day we proclaim Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

Kenneth Hagin Jr. said, "You will never rise above your understanding of who you are In Christ." Okay, I am getting off on a rabbit trail, that will be another post, another day! =)

SO,
what's was the problem with the Isrealites? Joyce says it was their "Wildnerness Mentality" or "wrong mind-set".


Wildnerness Mentality #1 - They didn't know where they were going.
Proverbs 29:18 KJV "Where there is no vision the people perish..."

They believed their past (Egypt) and their present (wilderness) was their future. They didn't know where they were going!!! They didn't believe God's promise because the journey was taking too long. They were looking at their circumstances past/present with the world's eyes and not their "faith eyes". Hmm...

They kept going around and around and around the mountain I will call, "Complaining!"
1. They complained instead of pressing through (Numbers 14:2, 3).

2. Their bad thoughts were turned inside out and revealed in bad attitude (Numbers 20:2-4).

3. They lacked gratitude (Numbers 21) The NLT says in Numbers 21:4b

"...But the people grew impatient with the long journey and began to speak against God..."Why have you brought us out of Egypt to die here in the wilderness?" they COMPLAINED. "There is nothing to eat here and nothing to drink. And we hate this horrible manna!"

I had to read, and reread, and reread those verses this morning. How many times have I, like the Israelites...

1. Grown impatient.

2. Began to speak against God (or began to not BELIEVE His promises)

3. Become UNSATISFIED with His provisions (His daily manna).

So I closed my book, put down my pen, and told myself to get the right mind-set.
***I told myself that with God all things are possible.
***I told myself to start walking by faith and not by what I see and feel .
***I told myself to start calling things that are not as though they are according to God's promises (Romans 4:17).

My questions for you:
Do you know where you are going?
Which of God's promises do you recall when the storms of this life come upon you?

4 comments:

Belinda said...

Amen Sister Dawn, Amen......good post. We were just talking about this very thing a few weeks ago in our Sunday school class. We are going piece by piece Through the Bible from front to back. We just started Exodus and it is August oh well we are taking our time and I am really learning. Again great post

jerriann said...

Amen Sister Dawn, Amen . . . yes Lord, yes Lord. Amen. Preach it girl!

Love you.

Jennifer said...

Such great thoughts today...God truly showed up during your devotion time this morning! Sometimes the wilderness can seem to way too much...when I forget this wilderness is God's path to the promised land!! I'm just passin' through! Thanks for sharing your thoughts today!

Deborah Ann said...

Awesome - I love sugar cookies too! But I have switched from diet coke to diet pepsi, can we still be friends? Lol. I do love lime in mine too.

You are invited to follow me at www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com
Cuz even God has a sense of humor!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online