Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Refreshed

Last Wednesday I met Charla, my SIL, in Lubbock for lunch at On The Border. Lunch was great, and she took the boys back to Childress with her so Ronnie and I could get some work done and get a little R&R!!!
The first thing I did as a child-free Mama was get my first EVER pedicure.

The first few minutes I felt really guilty about being there and really embarrassed about my feet

(YUCK is an understatement =).
After 5 minutes in the massage chair with my feet soaking in bubbles, the guilt was soon replaced with pure delight!!!
Oh it was wonderful!
Then I finished cleaning out/organizing my office (a.k.a junk room). I should have taken before and after pictures, but trust me when I tell you it looks amazing. The room has actually become functional again.

Thursday I cleaned out my closet and filled 5 black trash sacks with clothes for the garage sale I am having this weekend. When Ronnie got home from work we loaded up in the truck and took the boat to Lake Allen Henry for some "night" fishing. I have to admit, at first I only agreed to go fishing out of obligation. Ronnie and I planned on doing something romantic with the kids away; fishing was just not the first thing that came to my mind.
Ha!!! =)

But, I know a good marriage sometimes requires sacrifice. So I packed this book,

my book light, a pillow, and my smile and we set out to catch some croppe!!!

Watching the sunset on the lake with my hubby was amazing. I thought it couldn't get any better until the full moon came out and the frogs started singing...I even reeled in 2 croppe all by myself. It was so peaceful fishing on the lake under the stars with the cool breeze hitting our faces. VERY ROMANTIC!!! =)

I read; I snoozed...WE TALKED!!!
I didn't even mind getting home at 3:30 in the morning!!!
Friday morning we slept in and met my little brother, Chad, in Lubbock for lunch. He was in town for a Willie Nelson concert. It was great catching-up.
Saturday I cleaned out Kader's closet and cried the whole time. I took out all of his baby shirts (you know the ones that snap at the bottom) because my big boy is potty-trained. I would love to have another one if I could just order a baby and cut the exhaustion. My boys are just growing-up too fast. I wish I could freeze time =(

I also painted the frame on this picture. Nonni had this painting in her basement, and I fell in love with the flowers!!!
Red is my favorite color!!!
She let me bring it home after Christmas. Ronnie's paternal grandmother, June, painted it years ago, but the frame was gold. I think the black really looks good (it is a muted black...the camera makes it look shiny) especially in my bedroom with the brown walls.

Sunday, Ronnie went to Childress to get the boys, and I watched church on TV. Then, I finished my book and prepared for all my friends to come over. We played bunco and laughed and laughed and laughed. Did I mention we laughed???
Eating all the good food!!!

Tamara and Stacy...they look like they could be sisters!!!


Playing Bunco!!!

(Left to Right: Misty, Mandi, Tamara, Jennifer, Nicki, Chelsea, Shannon, Stacy, and Baby Mikah)

Ronnie and the boys came home yesterday afternoon after I ran errands and went to the grocery store by MYSELF. (sigh)

It was great!!!

I am so thankful to Nonni, Paw-Paw, and Charla for giving me a break. I am so blessed to have family that is willing to sacrifice their time and energy to love on my boys and help me out!!!

I can't tell you how good it feels to be rested and "caught-up"!!!
The words, thank you, just don't seem enough!!!!
I love you!!!

2 comments:

Shanda said...

Sounds wonderful!! I could really use some relatives close by now and then - especially now! ;) I have a lot of catching up to do!

I understand what you meant during your pedi about feeling guilty and then just relaxing and enjoying it! I have felt the same way!

Shannon Rodriguez said...

You throw a mean Bunco party!! Thanks for having me. Can't wait to do it again!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online