Saturday, August 29, 2009

While I was...

...drinking my coffee this morning, I felt as if I was on a treasure hunt in my concordance, dictionary, and Bible. I just bought the book, Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of OT and NT Words, and I LOVE IT!!! I was amazed as looked-up and studied the word "tribulation" in John 16:33, and how it comes from the verb, "persecuted" or "pressed", in 2 Corinthians 4:7-10.
John 16:33 (Amplified Bible)
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]
"
2 Corinthians 4:7 - 10
"We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure.This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. we are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies."

...driving with my hubby to Lubbock for a birthday party, he leaned over, squeezed my hand, and said, "Baby you look hot!"
I took a deep breath, blushed a little, and soaked in the moment. I have to admit, I was shocked because I usually don't hear those words. I mean a stay-at-home mom just doesn't get the chance every day to dress-up and dazzled her mate, right??? =) In order document the moment for those days I start to feel frumpy, dumpy, and lumpy, I grabbed my handy dandy camera and said, "Cheese!"Ha!
...trying to figure out what we were going to do about our broken coffee table, my hubby decided we should go to Ashley Furniture and buy THESE. They match our entertainment center...more pics to come when the furniture comes in! By the way, if you are wondering how our table broke, I will give you three clues: Kade, trickster, cannon-ball. Need I say more?

...listening to boys eat Pop Rocks for the first time, I thought to myself, "I am glad I didn't miss this. Thank you Jesus for the little things!!!" Their faces were filled with surprise and pure amazement...it was priceless!!! Pop, PoP, pOp!!!

...checking my emails, I realized I am going back to college on Monday night.
I CAN'T WAIT!!! I am sooooooooo EXCITED!!!
Daphne Delay is teaching the class, In-Christ Realities, at I.C.E. I am just "auditing" the class, but still, I feel the need to go buy a new pencil and notebook!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I loved this post - your excitment and joy...for life!! and the good things it offers us - is just contagious! And your self portrait is just too cute!! Have a beautiful Sunday :)

Charla (SHar-la) said...

LOVE the tables...wish I could have seen that cannonball...hope the little guy didn't hurt himself along with the table!

You DID look hot, and way to go Ron-Bob for telling you so!

I WANT that book...I've been wanting a book of biblical word meanings and I've even looked a little but wasn't sure about what to buy. Let me know what you think about it and the specs on it.

I am working on your CD.

I just found the boys' basketballs again and it reminded me that they are probably really wanting to play some "shoots" and they can't because Lala has their basketballs! So, I think that means you guys need to come here so you can get them! :)

Lastly, I saw that Daphne was teaching ICR class and I was SO sad there was no way I could go. I know it's going to be awesome, so you'll have to fill me in on it so I can live vicariously as you study!

Oh, and one more thing...who DOESN'T want an excuse to buy a fun new pencil and pretty notebook? I have a little obsession with office supplies...it is dangerous when school begins and I raid the supply aisle at Wal-Mart!

Love you, sis, and miss you bunches!

Shannon Rodriguez said...

Maybe you should dress up more and you might get the bedroom furniture you have been wanting! he he I am so burnt out on school. Wish I was that excited!!

Deborah Ann said...

Whoa, you are beautiful, girl! Look out Hollywood, eh?

You are also blessed with a beautiful family, and are obviously you're a gifted writer. It doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Blessings!

Shanda said...

You were looking "hot mama!" ;) Love those moments when we can dazzle our mates!!

Your personal study concordance dictionary sounds awesome and I'm sure your class is going to be wonderful too! Lots to look forward to!

Pop rocks are the best aren't they? Our littlest one has yet to experience them. I might have to go out and get a packet!

Love you girl!

HappyascanB said...

I definitely thought I was following you, but I'm not!??! And I can't find your followers on your page. Am I missing something?

Funfor5andunder said...

I stumbled upon this blog and was delighted to find you are an Aggie Christian and live near Lubbock. There aren't many of us around these parts. I live in Lubbock and love when I meet other Aggies. Your blog is great. Did you get saved when you went to A&M?
Michele Alexander

The Mellberg Family said...

Love your new haircut. Its fabulous. Did somebody here in Levelland do it?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online