Monday, May 5, 2008

When God Paints


I received these pictures from my friend, Lisa Taggert, today. The top left is Bakersfield, California. I opened them and said, “Okay God…I know what I need to talk about next.” I don’t know about you guys, but I struggle with being “too busy.” Satan loves to keep us busy because it kills our joy (because we are tired), steals our enthusiasm (because we are overwhelmed) and destroys our purpose (because our priorities become distorted). I am often too busy just to sit back and “enjoy the ride” and look at what God is painting…just for me.
I am reading several books right now…one is Beth Moore’s, Discovering God’s Purpose for Your Life.
Isaiah 6:3 says, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Heaven's Armies! The whole earth is filled with his glory." Isaiah 45:18 says, "For the Lord is God, and He created the heavens and the earth and put everything in place. He made the world to be lived in..." The NIV says "He fashioned and made the earth..." Why? So He could reveal himself to YOU! I learned a new definition of mercy Friday from Bob Yandian. He said, "mercy is God reaching out to man" and "grace in action". God created the mountains, ocean, stars and sky to reach out to me because He is rich in His mercy. Beth asks in her book...why didn't God choose another planet...why Earth? He picked earth because we're on it! Praise God!!! God paints like this so that when we seek Him...we will find Him. He is in everything...every detail from the painting of the flowers to the rolling of the waves. This was a great reminder to me to put down my cell phone, go outside with my hubbie and boys, and just breath in the west Texas sunset. That sunset is God DAILY revealing himself to me. Ronnie always tells me he feels closest to God out on a tractor in the middle of Wellingtion, Texas. To him that is the most beautiful thing on Earth. For me I love going home and seeing my parents place. The back pasture if full of green grass, huge shade trees, and a little creek running along the fence line. I also see God's glory in my boy's eyes when they smile, I hear it in their sweet giggle, and I feel it in the sweet rise and fall of their chest at night when the sleep. Why did God do it...why did He fill this black hole with beauty and then put me on it? So I would come to know Him. Thank you Father!
What is your favorite God painting? What does God use in your life to reveal Himself? I am interested to see the responses!

1 comment:

Fun Family Fitness said...

Loved this post..and you always make me think...
I agree that my favorite pictures are seeing my children sleep and knowing that they are my gifts from God... I also enjoy the seeing the pretty sunsets while sitting on the patio with my parents at the house that I grew up in...sitting around the fire with my loving husband and entire family....and last but not least...one of my favorites is the sight of my hometown church...thanks for making think and be thankful of all things that He has created....steph

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online