Monday, September 22, 2008

Devotion - Thought I'd Share 3

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.”
“Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord…” So I asked myself do I trust God? What do I trust in? I trust when I go to bed at night the troops will keep me safe; I trust my doctor to give me the right medication, and I trust a pilot to get me from A to B. So, I ask you, “Do you trust God is who He says He is AND He can do what He says He can do?” He alone is the Great I Am, and your name is….i am not!
“with all your heart and mind” – Is 26:3-4 says, “You (God) will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts (MIND) are fixed on you. Trust in the Lord always for the Lord God is the Eternal Rock.”
“lean not on your own understanding” – Isn’t it funny how we think if we talk about a problem enough, roll it over in our mind enough, and call enough friends for advice we’ll find the solution? It is like we are saying, “God I will call you when I need to, but right now I am going to take care of this problem by myself.” A Beth Moore study I did said when we do that we are making ourselves god. I don’t want to do that because I KNOW my name is i am not. Sometimes there are areas of our lives we won’t allow God into because we are afraid of His answer? Proverbs 28:26 says, “Those who trust their own insight are foolish, but anyone who walks in wisdom is safe.” Proverbs 16:3 “Commit your plans to the Lord and your plans will succeed.”
“In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him”- The word “acknowledge” is defined as knowing God personally, being in fellowship with God; to be ever mindful of God and serve Him with a willing and faithful heart.
“He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.” Here is the REWARD. If our minds and hearts are trusting God and recognizing He is the Answer to our life, I believe IS. 30:21 describes what will happen. “Your own ears will HEAR him. Right behind you will a voice will say, “This is the way you should go.” Whether to the right or to the left.” Then whether we turn right or left in our walks of life we will “be kept in perfect peace” and we “with JOY will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation” IS. 12:3.
APPLICATION – As I meditated on this verse last week, I realized it is SIMPLE but PROFOUND. ***If I will go to God for all of my life problems (from troubles with my marriage, the boys fighting and pushing, a hurt with a friend, even if/when I should buy a new shirt) AND then trust His answer to the problem as the right one– – He will be faithful to set my feet on the right path which is the path with the most joy, peace, and rest.
How do we do this, right? It is hard not to rely on our own wisdom (or at least it is for me), but God gave me this revelation last Sunday. Our God is the TRUE VINE – not the easy vine, not the big vine, not the cheap vine, not the quick vine, but the TRUE VINE (John 15). He promises me if I will abide in Him, He (The Way, The Truth, and The Life) will abide in me. So it goes back to what Daphne’s conference talked about-making room for God in every nook and cranny of our hearts so He has room to not only abide, but spread out, get on His comfy’s, put His feet up, and feel at home (Ephesians 3). Revelation 3:20 “HERE I AM. I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online