Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I LOVE Revelation

First of all - I need all my fellow bloggin' buddies to pray for my Father-in-law. He has multiple kidney stones and a shadow (the size of a cherry tomato) has shown up on his kidney during a cat scan. We are believing that God, the GREAT I AM, will heal his body.

Okay - I just did Day 4 of my Beth Moore study - Believing God...and all I can say is WOW!!! I feel giddy and stirred up at the revelation I was given through God's Word. Here is my humble attempt to summarize in a few paragraphs what Beth revealed so eloquently in four pages...

In the beginning God created (Hebrew word- bara) the world. Bara means to create something from nothing. Basically God created the World with HIS voice. Then God created (Hebrew word - yatsar) man in Gen 2:7 from dirt (rabbit trail - God could of spoke us into being but many scholars believe He wanted to get his hands dirty in creating us). Yatsar means to frame/form from something visible. Okay, so there are two meanings of the word create in the Old Testament.

Psalm 51:10 "Create (bara) in me a clean heart O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me."

God creates a clean heart in us out of nothing...He doesn't need our self-discipline, denomination, righteous acts, legalism, etc. to make us clean. He "creates" a clean heart in us when we believe HIM and sincerely repent from our sins - so basically just by acknowledging Him as the GREAT I AM and accepting the blood of Jesus as our means of justification we are clean before the Ancient of Days. Hallelujah!!! Glory! I just know from experience this is true. Nothing I have ever done in my life has made me feel clean, new and fresh. No apology to man, no aid to the hungry, no checks on my check list of "right" living (be a good mom, go to church, be a good wife - can anyone relate?) have ever made me feel clean. BUT the minute I accepted Jesus into my life in January of 2002 - I felt clean...I felt the blood of Jesus washing every sin I had ever created away...he seperated me fromt them as far as the east is from the west.

Jesus tells us, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. NO ONE can come to the Father except through me."

Our world is so worried about political correctness and religious tolerance that we have let this WORD be watered down. Satan is a liar and is deceiving people looking for answers in Scientology, Oprah's New Life whatever, Buddhism, etc. It isn't an issue of Christians being haughty or small-minded, it is the TRUTH! We have to have courage to tell people the truth because their eternal lives are at stake. We need to quit judging them, condeming them, pushing them aside as lost causes...it is about loving them so God can be seen through us (1 John 4:10-12) I don't want anyone to be left behind, but more than that GOD WANTS ALL HIS CHILDREN (RED, YELLOW, BLACK, WHITE, DEMOCRAT, REPUBLICAN, PRO-CHOICE, PRO-LIFE, ARAB, JEW, POOR, RICH) to come HOME TO HIM. Not all roads lead to Heaven...we all have sinned and all have fallen short of the glory (me being the first in line) and it is only through the blood of Jesus are those sins washed away. Who do you know that needs to hear the truth?

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Hey, Dawn, it's your siesta, Jennifer...I prayed for your dad in law, and I believe in Jesus' name, he will be healed! Okay, now I am going to have to purchase this Bible study. Wow. It got me excited! I hope your love it, and wish you all the best!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online