Monday, June 22, 2009

Titus 2 - Joyce Meyer

Titus 2 Tuesday was started by Shanda, and it has become my favorite 'blogging day' of the week!!!
Titus 2 says "...Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. We don't want anyone looking down on God's Message because of their behavior."
I started listening/watching Joyce Meyer about a year ago. I have to admit that I didn't like her "in your face" attitude at first, but as soon as I shook off the sin for judging someone who is BOLDLY speaking the Word of God, I realized the lady was ANOINTED. I love the way she takes the Word of God and helps you apply it to your everyday life.

I haven't read any of Joyce's books although I have heard Battlefield of the Mind is AMAZING.

So many books, so little time!!! (ANYHOO...)

I always DVR her program and watch them while I am ironing Ronnie's work pants/shirts, and it NEVER FAILS that she is preaching about the very thing I need to hear.

This weekend she asked, "Who/What do you put your expectations in?"


Of course I quickly mouthed my church response,

"God!"

Then the Holy Spirit whispered clearly into my heart, "Do you really, Dawn?"

I prayed and God revealed to me that I put my expectations and my hopes into a lot of things: my circumstances, my pants size, the number of comments I have on my blog (oh yea...it's getting real time), my friends, Ronnie's mood, accomplished tasks, etc. etc. etc.

She read Psalm 27:14, "Wait with hope for the Lord..." and she said if you aren't putting your hope in God and God alone you are setting yourself up for failure.

FAILURE. EMPTINESS. DISAPPOINTMENT.

People, things, circumstances cannot help but disappoint you. Every relationship will fall short and let you down. People can surprise you, shock you, and betray you. She said, "...But I have made up my mind that I will not be devastated by these things because the joy of the Lord is my strength."

IT IS A CHOICE. IT IS YOUR CHOICE. IT IS MY CHOICE, AND I MAKE IT DAILY.


She said we have to walk around with the mentality that we are "...more than conquerors in Christ. What does that mean? It means that no matter what problem I have I will overcome it with the Lord's grace and mercy."

I AM AN OVER-COMER.

I AM NOT A BEGGAR, BUT A BELIEVER.

GOD HEARS MY PRAYERS AND IS FAITHFUL TO LIFT ME OUT OF ANY PIT AND PLACE MY FEET ON A ROCK.

She went on to say "... It might take two days, two weeks, or two years, but God will see me through all of it...He will work it all for the good. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but God is with me and I will be better for it."

I needed to hear that this weekend; it wasn't any new revelation or deep insight into the scriptures. It was just simple encouragement. I hope it blesses you as much as it blessed me.

Thank you Joyce!

6 comments:

Shanda said...

Such an amazing post!! Joyce Meyer had the same effect on me. At first I was a bit put off by her style. Then I ended up leading the "Battlefield of the Mind Study!" Such powerful truth!!

I loved your "getting real" moments! It is so helpful for us to see how others process through things as well. I think we each struggle with that cycle of failure, emptiness, and disappointment in our own lives. But then God...you are tight; he has given us free will and it IS our choice!

I am going to be taking a bit of a "blogging break" here in July. I was thinking about just having everyone take a "Titus 2" break as well; but if one of you might want to host it for the next few weeks let me know!!

Rose said...

Thank you for this amazing post! I loved it~and I have many of Joyce Meyers books~she is so real and encouraging. I have to ask myself who I put my trust and faith in, also~their is only one~Jesus. But it is true that we can get caught up in the world and put our faith in false people and things that do not honor or give glory to our Lord. Being in Texas, what do you think of Joel and Victoria Osteen? Some of his sermons are right on target~but others I am not so sure. God bless, Rose

Montie said...

I tried again, watched her this morning, nope, sorry, just couldn't get into her. I will stick with Joel Osteen. He lifts me up BIG TIME.

Unknown said...

I've been watching Joyce now for about 4 years. Her teachings have been such a blessing in my life! Battlefield of the Mind is wonderful and so is one of her newest ones Never Give Up!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to help this family they need prayer.

http://bloodtippedears.blogspot.com/2008/07/prayer-and-help-for-my-mom-carol.html

Paige said...

Thanks Dawn for you honesty and helping me to dig deeper in. I find that going through the motions can be a dangerous rut to fall in. My prayer is that we can all keep looking to Christ for strength.
In Him, paige

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online